Detention Deputy Job Description
Pay: $20.38/hr after 6-month probationary period
The position performs general security duties for the Caribou County Detention facility, including monitoring inmate activities and safety, booking and releasing of inmates, transportation of inmates to other facilities, monitoring all deputy and inmates movement throughout the facility, and other related duties as required. The job is physically demanding. The applicant must possess good communication skills, unimpeachable integrity, and a strong commitment to public service and to the community that we serve.
The position requires working 40+ hours a week in rotating shifts that include working nights, weekends, and holidays. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and PERSI retirement. Applicants must pass a physical fitness test, background investigation, and oral interviews. Good character and clean background required. Experience preferred but not required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency is required
- Comprehensive knowledge of computers and data entry,
- Corrections/Detention experience is preferred but not required
- Must be 18 years of age
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Pass a criminal record’s check and be drug-free
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Pass a POST physical fitness test
- Complete a polygraph test
- Pass a background investigation
- Must attend and successfully pass the POST Detention Academy within one year of hire date
All candidates must provide a resume and completed job application. Application packets are available below or by contacting the Caribou County Sheriff’s Office, 475 East 2nd South, Soda Springs, between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.