The Civil Division provides a variety of civil process which includes summons and complaints, subpoenas, small claims, wage garnishments, court ordered restraining orders, etc.
This office only serves and enforces documents in the Caribou County area. This includes the city limits of Soda Springs, Grace, Thatcher, Bancroft, Chesterfield, Wayan, and the Idaho side of Freedom and Auburn. Please refer to the appropriate Sheriff's Office for service outside of Caribou County.
Civil Office Hours:
Monday - Friday
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
(legal and Caribou County holidays, as specified by the Caribou County Commissioners)
Caribou County Sheriff
Attn: Civil Division
475 E 2nd S
Soda Springs, Idaho
Phone: (208) 547-2561
Facsimile: (208) 547-0252
For civil process servings to be served please be sure to include:
1. All documents must be accompanied by a letter of instruction, signed and dated by the attorney of record or the plaintiff if there is no attorney as per Idaho Code 31-2211. The instructions must include who is to be served and the physical address where service is to be made. You may provide more than 1 address as long as all addresses are located within Caribou County.
2. The document(s) to be served (original writs of execution, summons, complaints, etc)
3. Appropriate numbers of copies of the paper to be served. (2 for most services, 3 for writs/ganishments)
4. A check payable to the Caribou County Sheriff's Office for $50.00 or fee
indicated in the fee schedule located here.
5. A self addressed stamped envelope for writs of execution addressed to the
6. For Writs of Execution involving a bank garnishment, a check for $5.00 made
payable to the financial institution where documents will be served.
For our full fee schedule, CLICK HERE.